Monday, April 23, 2007

Here's YOUR stories!

Thanks to all who participated! I enjoyed reading them all!
Barbara's story
Corrina's story
grandmascraps said...

Aunt T said...
How scary is it that I know the exact date I started stamping! September 7, 2002! DS #1 was away at college -4 hrs. from home, DS #2 had just started his freshman yr of college - 16 hrs. from home, and DH was on a 10 day business trip to Arizona and Mexico. I was working from home that week and I was over come by a lonesome feeling! I had previously tried to stopped by a LSS in our town - curious to learn about stamping but it seemed they were never opened. I called one morning and left a message, inquiring about classes and the owner called me right back inviting me to a class that evening! This was the day my addiction began!

Michelle said...
About 7 years ago I bought a scrapbook kit as a Christmas gift for my daughter in law. My best friend was with me, and she bought one for her daughter. Long story short, neither of them ever got the gift...we ended up with them. And that was the beginning of my scrapbooking addiction.
My stamping addiction is WAY worse! It was a spin off from my scrapbooking. Although I don't scrapbook much anymore, I stamp daily!

J's Place said...
I just liked making cards and it started from there. I just started researchin gon the web and now I am a stampin up addict among other things lol.
Hugs
Jaunice Minor
Utah

shuggy said...
I got started in this hobby from my mom about 2 years ago. She used to work for Provo Craft and she got hooked big time. She started collecting crafty things and found a Stampin' Up demo that she became friends with. She started having card parties and I had to go, being the dutiful daughter. Pretty soon, I was getting hooked. Then some girls from work put together a monthly stamp club. The rest is history!!
I've been obsessed ever since!

GrammaStamper (Barb) said...
I started stamping in Jan. 2006. We had moved to a new city and I didn't know anyone, but I'd started lurking on the PCMB. I kept reading about Stampin' Up and saw beautiful cards so I looked for a demo in my area, found one, called her. I was her first customer and went to an open house at her home and I was hooked.

And here's MY story!
DH and I were at a country fair and came upon a CM booth. He was totally fascinated with the tools and suggested I buy their starter kit as it was such a good deal! I'd never even heard of scrapbooking before! Later that week, I bought an issue of PaperCrafts magazine. I was so interested in all the embellishments...eyelets, dry embossing, heat embossing! What is all this stuff? At the back of the mag was a list of stores...saw Endless Memories advertised in Ottawa, not far from us. So we drove there and the owner answered ALL my questions, showed me how to dry emboss, heat emboss, set eyelets, etc! We spent a bit of money that night!
Well, the CM system no longer interested me so I sold it all!
A couple months later, I was at a fundraiser and silent auction. I bid on these amazing handcrafted cards and won them! I contacted the creator and she told me about SU! I got a catalogue...the next day I called her up and said I wanted to join SU! That was in Jan. 2005!

2 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

I loved reading everyone's story. Thanks for posting.

Teresa

Deborah said...

I know I am late but.............

It was back in 1993 and my dad had a business in a building complex and did some work for a little stamp store that was also in the same building complex. He took me around to show me this little stamp shop. I oooohhhed and ahhhhhed over their cool toys. Then my dad did some more work for them and in return they gave me a FREE stamp. The PSX big bear. After that I was hopelessly addicted to stamping.