Thursday, March 1, 2007

A Little Excited...part deux!

My first EVER chemistry class was last night. WOW! I actually learned things! a vast majority made sense to me. And I'm told by my teacher that as we get going it will make more sense to me.
I think memorizing the periodic table and what all those abbreviations stand for will be very daunting! And memorizing the electron configuration will be no easy task. BUT at least I UNDERSTAND the electron configuration! That was my most favourite part!
I am the only adult in the class of 7. The others are high school students and one 22 year old who acts like a high school student.
My teacher is very interesting and patient.
Someone asked me why I'm taking high school chem. It's because I want to go back to college and become a dental hygienist.
EDIT: I just found out I begin high school Biology next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooooohoooo! Good for you, Michelle! As for memorizing... don't worry... you don't have to memorize electron configurations if you UNDERSTAND it. It just all falls in place once you have an understanding. As for the symbols, you might have to memorize those, but hey, if you use them enough, they come easy to you. ;)

I think you should use some of your scrapping/stamping supplies to make yourself a set of flashcards so you can practice! :P

Kataroo said...

Awesome :) Man I remember memorizing that stuff, so silly b/c I obviously do not remember it :) Good luck and very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I LOVED biology in highschool and failed grade 12 chemistry - I didn't even bother taking the final exam. Bad, huh?

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had a good first class. I'm sure you'll do fine. Love Barb's idea of the flash cards.